Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Census Work

So I started working for the Census Bureau yesterday. Training is very painful; sitting around listening to the crew leader and assistants read the documents to us, and going through the same exercises over and over and over. The information has definitely been beaten into me. I thought I was prepared to sit on my ass for six hours, but apparently not. My tailbone feels like somebody has slowly been sawing through it. Seriously, all my training as a couch potato has not paid off. At least I am making $16.75 an hour. Pretty decent. The job only lasts up until July 5th, not very long. And they could always release me earlier depending on how efficient I am (i.e. if there is no more work to be done, they won't need me anymore). Hopefully I can get out into the field soon, because this training stuff is driving me nuts!!!! Not to mention the early to bed early to rise bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment