Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Montana and Wyoming


Last weekend Gas Monkey and I went to his cousin's wedding in Montana. We spent a little less than a day with his dad and grandma. Not much else to say about Wyoming. Nothing really happens there.

The view from Gas Monkey's dad's porch. I could wake up to that everyday.

The day after we arrived in Cody we needed to get to Red Lodge, MT. I was responsible for driving the whole time and I decided we should drive through the Beartooths. The Beartooths are a beautiful mountain range in between Cody and Red Lodge. We don't usually drive through it because it takes more time, but I was getting a little sick of the sagebrush covered rolling hills. Here's a few pictures from our drive.



At the FMIL's (future mother in law) house the craziness was already beginning. My FMIL was hosting a large dinner party and by the end of the evening probably 50 people had showed up. Luckily Gas Monkey and I got to spend the night at his mom's neighbor's house (a 1.5 million dollar mansion, built by a lawyer from back East who is almost never there). At least we got some privacy and could go to bed relatively early (relatively compared to Gas Monkey's cousins. We still went to bed at midnight.) The day after that was the rehearsal dinner in Bearcreek, a tiny town just outside of Red Lodge. The dinner involved a deliciously bloodied steak and pig races afterwards. I couldn't get any pictures of the pig races because my camera died just after I took a picture of the track. Gas Monkey's pig came in second, so no big winners.

Saturday, the 10th, was the wedding. It was really pretty on a nice little ranch turned chapel area. Since we drained the open bar, then went down town and closed the bars, understandably it is taking me a few days to recover. It was terrible to have to drive all the way home the next day. Sunday we left at 3 p.m. and got home at 12:30 a.m. It was pretty miserable for me the whole time. I think Gas Monkey's grandma didn't understand why he had to stay awake with me the whole time since he wasn't driving. Too bad, I really needed him to keep me awake. I have enjoyed going up to Montana more and more, but I am glad to be back home. I fly to Albuquerque next week for my Americorps training.

No comments:

Post a Comment