Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gardening Fever


Now that Gas Monkey and I have built our garden, we have been eager to plant. About a week and a half ago, we set about planting those cold-hardy plants that would survive frosts. I mentioned to my mom that we had the gardening bug, and she replied "You don't have the gardening bug. You have gardening fever!" So far we have planted tomatoes (complete with walls of water), potatoes (at Gas Monkey's insistence), lettuce, spinach, peas, radishes, and green onion. Everyday I water and hope for those encouraging little sprouts to pop up. Yesterday I found those reassuring greens. Our radishes are growing! Granted I'm the least excited about the radishes, but at least something is growing. And I'll be darned if I don't provide all you eager followers with a taste of my own victory by producing a picture (pathetic though it may seem).

In the meantime, I have spring delirium (something worse than fever). I have a hard time spending even a few minutes in the house. I'd much rather be sitting on our new lawn chairs reading. It follows that I don't get anything done and my house looks and feels like a disaster area (not to mention I have a paper to write for the zoo that I am woefully late on and still haven't found a job yet). I even mowed the lawn yesterday to stay outside while feeling "productive."

No comments:

Post a Comment