Friday, April 9, 2010

Yummy Taco Salad


Gas Monkey and I always make tacos. Last week I decided to vary it a little bit. What is a good variation of a taco? A taco salad! I know . . . GENIUS! To be truthful, I was hoping to find a sneaky way to get Gas Monkey to eat a little more spinach. So, I went to the store, searched everywhere for taco salad shells, to no avail. Instead I grabbed some large flour tortillas, and hoped I could find a recipe for baked taco shells. I was successful. Surprisingly, they did not take too long to make -
almost stupid proof. I kept my "back-seat cook" out of the kitchen until it was ready (Gas Monkey has a tendency of "overseeing" my cooking). When I finally presented it to him, his immediate reaction was "WOW!" And that is not a sarcastic wow, it was an involuntary wow. That was the grandest reaction I have yet to receive from Gas Monkey, all from a pretty small variation on tacos. The man is easy to please.



We put the following in our taco salad (I know, it looks like a funky ice cream sundae):

Browned ground turkey
Spinach
Cheddar cheese
Black olives
Sour cream (I can't live without this stuff)
Homemade guacamole
Ranch dressing with fresh cilantro and lime juice added
Hot sauce
Tomatoes
Pepper
Green onions

If you want the recipe on how to bake your own taco shells from flour tortillas, you can go here:




No comments:

Post a Comment