Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pots and Pans


Here is how the story went. About a month ago Gas Monkey and I were sitting outside, our favorite chatting haunt. Perhaps I was complaining about the storage space in my kitchen, or maybe it was out of the blue. Gas Monkey asked me if I would like a pan/pot hanger. I'm sure I looked at him incredulously (I've been reading
Pride and Prejudice, so these words may pop up). "A pan hanger? For me? Those can be expensive!" Gas Monkey assured me he could have his friends make one, if I were to design one to my liking. Thrilled, but skeptical, I came with a tasteful yet simple design. "What?!" he asked me incredulously. "You can make it fancier." I eagerly described the difficulties pertaining from my own experiences with pan hangers. Gas Monkey agreed to meet my criteria. However, he wanted to make it much more complicated. We managed to come to an agreement. This is the result. While we quibbled over the tiniest of details, I am very satisfied and proud of my man. His friends did the welding, and he did the sanding and the painting.

My mother will be glad to know that I have since cleaned the bottoms of my pans, avoiding unnecessary tackiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment