Monday, September 7, 2009

Toilet Lid Wars

As I have spent the past 5 months away from home, Gas Monkey has taken to leaving the toilet seat and lid up. Unless, of course, it is in his best interests to put the seat down. My momma raised me to always put both seat and lid down. Her strategy to make her own new husband (a.k.a my dad) learn proper toilet etiquette, was to constantly nag him to the bathroom to put the lid down. This strategy is lost on Gas Monkey, who is more stubborn and catches on more quickly. After two years of being drawn to the bathroom on false pretenses, the boy has caught on. After last night, I developed a more aggressive strategy.
Right before we left for today's Rockies game, when Gas Monkey was preoccupied with his computer, I saran-wrapped all four of the toilet lids and seats in the house together. I.e. I used a hella lot of saran wrap, and tied the lids and seats together, so when it was in Gas Monkey's best interests to use the seat, he would be more than a little inconvenienced. Needless to say, I was tickled with myself. On the way home from the Rockies game, he was eager to use our facilities for his dirty business. I continued to feel even more tickled with myself. We arrived home, and Gas Monkey rushed to the nearest bathroom. All I heard was a brief verbal lashing before the sound of quick ripping of saran wrap. It took him a whole second to undo my thoughtful efforts. Hardly an inconvenience. To top it off, afterwards he mentioned that he needs to teach me how to properly saran-wrap toilets. Damn him. So my method did not work. Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment