Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Beatles and a Mormon Diner

Today I was taking my Sunday brunch in a local Mormon diner (I know they were Mormons, because I was the only one drinking coffee), so old school it does not even take credit cards (resulting in me making a dash across the street to an atm). To my utmost surprise and entertainment, the song "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," by The Beatles, began playing overhead. I never realized Mormons enjoyed an upbeat song about a serial killer with their weekend lunch. I know I did. I used to like listening to it on my way to softball tournaments, to pump me up. In case you've never heard it:



Also, you know you cannot sing to Julie Andrews when your own ear drums scream in pain. Then trying to sing Liza Minnelli only makes them bleed. One should lower their aspirations. I know this from recent experience. I recommend "I have a lovely bunch of coconuts" by Monty Python.

No comments:

Post a Comment