Friday, August 21, 2009

Truck Fever

Firstly, my computer is no longer functioning properly. It is apparently in perpetual hibernation. The lights are on, but the screen will not turn on. I've held the power button down until it reboots, I've taken the battery out for hours, I've turned off all power; it has been 24 hours and no change. Help please. This is going to be a long weekend without it.

Last Monday and Tuesday I drove the equivalent of 24 hours, by myself, out in the desert. Currently I am reading The Shining, so I've decided that instead of having "cabin fever", I developed a sort of truck fever. It was nice at first, but towards the end I was losing it. It is nice that I have multiple personalities to have conversations with. Here are some of the thoughts that ran through my head while I was entertaining myself those two days.

  • "Wow! It's fun to be alone again!"
  • "I like our conversations Rush (Limbaugh). You can't interrupt me with your angry tirades. You can't retort!"
  • "Is there a reason why we can't play more than two country songs before commercials?"
  • "Crap! I just hit a Horned Lark! That's odd."
  • "I think I should have a chocolate chip milkshake for lunch."
  • "That was the best milkshake ever!"
  • "WTF!? I just hit another horned lark!"
  • "I'm bored."
  • "I think a flat tire would be fun."
  • "I should stop and take a picture of that roadkill. I think it is a coyote, but it could be a kit fox."
  • "I'm hot, better turn on the air conditioning."
  • "Why am I arguing with myself?"
  • "I should finish watching Flight of the Conchords."
  • "I'm cold, better turn off the air conditioning."
  • "We could take a ride on my big green tractor. We can go slow, or we can go faster (it's a song)"
  • "I'm boring."
  • "That guy is too old to ride with on his big green tractor."
  • "I wonder how many husbands Marilyn Monroe had."
  • "Hot again. Better turn on the air conditioning. This is irritating."
  • "Badger? Badger!"
  • "I miss horseback riding."
  • "I'm annoyed."
  • "I wonder what these people in Delta think about my Coors Credit Union credit card. . ."
  • "I should get cash."
  • "Why is Delta High School holding band practice at the Coal Power Plant?"
  • "Two elk road kill. That can't be good."
  • "WTF!!!!!! Why is my exit closed! It's 10:30 p.m.!"
  • "If I have to listen to this song one more time . . ."

That's just a fun sample. Luckily, Wednesday and Thursday I spent 20 hours with K.H. As you can imagine, she did not get to talk much. All work and no play makes Merut a dull girl.

(I am at the library, with only 25 minutes, so no time to proofread.) Don't go into withdrawl now.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post.. This is really a well laid out website. I like how you have presented the information in full detail. Keep up the great work and please stop by my site used digger derrick sometime. Keep it up..

    ReplyDelete