Monday, August 31, 2009

The Ring

Because I keep getting questions about that too.

Think of your typical engagement ring . . . and then imagine the complete opposite.

I asked Gas Monkey a long time ago, that if he decided to propose, I would want him to design the ring. I would want it to remind me of him, and represent us.

Gas Monkey spent two months working on my ring with a designer. Numerous emails and phone conversations, going to the designer many times, bringing six packs to try and bribe the guy to keep trying. Gas Monkey was never satisfied. They did 3 different printings, and 3 different waxings. Poor designer.

It is a ring that has to grow on you. I like it more and more everyday. Not saying I did not like it at first, I did, it was just so different than anything I had ever imagined.

It is impossible to describe and do it justice. What I can say, it reminds me of Gas Monkey to a T: modern from the top, almost Gothic from the side, it is symbolic, detailed, and unorthodox. He put in a lot of symbolism. For example, the main aspects represent our love for each other, our dedication to the environment, nature, and sustainability, and his acceptance of my career and future goals. What more can you ask?

And there are no diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds etc. The two stones he used are Red Spinel and Tsavorite. They are both very pretty.

I may post pictures of it in the future, but for now I want to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment