Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Rather Dull Week

I've been slow to write about this past week, as nothing happened, really. This is the most exciting moment: Db caught on camera a brief lapse in my sanity where I burst into song and dance to "If I were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof. All the more true as I am wearing waders and haven't showered in a couple of days. It's about as entertaining as it got.



It is a painful sight.

Last Monday and Tuesday, we were skunked. This was extremely disappointing, as were hoping to make a couple of videos mistnetting and processing a bat, in the style of David Attenborough. This next week may very well be the last one for mistnetting, so I am holding out hope for at least one more bat, to be humiliated on video for the sake of entertainment. We did catch 50+ bats last Wednesday, but there were 8 people present, and we did not want to embarrass ourselves that way. I guess we shall see if we had success after the end of this week. I'm sure you'll all be eagerly anticipating.

Here's a video of "If I were a Rich Man". I strive for a proper double chin.


No comments:

Post a Comment