Sunday, August 16, 2009

Getting Chubby

I know what you're thinking . . . nice bruise.

Db told me last week that they always tell the missionaries that are almost ready to go home, "Don't get chubby." In other words, don't just lay around pining away for home. Well, I'll admit it. I'm getting chubby, physically and mentally. Here is how my three day weekend has been:

Friday
  • Slept until 1 p.m.
  • Went to pancake house, made myself sick on coffee
  • Went to Barnes and Noble, stood outside for 30 minutes in the rain, whilst admiring my legs in the windows of Men's Warehouse and talking on the phone
  • Went into Barnes and Noble to read my book, instead walked out with $30 and 1800 pages of books - perfect
  • Drove to house - cleaned out my car and my share of the refrigerator
  • Lurked around the basement
  • Settled on the couch and watched a 3 hour romantic drama
  • Read 150 pages of A Confederacy of Dunces (I'm big on counting pages)
  • Watched a special on the Hidden City of Petra, twice, while trying to sleep - success at 3 a.m.
Saturday
  • Woke up at 12:30 p.m.
  • Read The Shining
  • Went to Brewvies, had a beer and nachos while watching the graphically obscene movie, "Bruno"
  • Read The Shining
  • Made a quick dash to grocery store for some Big Hunks and cheese
  • Watched "Nashville", another 2 hour 40 minutes movie
  • Read 100+ pages of The Shining until 2 a.m.
  • Cuddled with the cat, Sushi, while watching "Ghost Adventures"
Sunday
  • Woke up at 11:30 a.m. - getting better
  • Listened to Gas Monkey brag about his breakfast burritos
  • Went to Village Inn - gorged on coffee
  • Saw guy on a motorcycle with long hair and strange "Horns" like some African antelope - weird
  • Went to Red Butte Gardens - felt "productive"
  • Went to Whole Foods for lunch, but not enough free samples
  • Went to Starbucks, tried something new, did not like at all
  • Walked to car, noticed all my limbs are swinging like jello, not eager to go back to my dungeon and artificial lighting
Don't get chubby Merut. Stop pining. Anybody want to trade places?

No comments:

Post a Comment